Friday, July 4, 2014

Master's Concert

So as promised, this is about my Master's Concert.


I played a lot. Nine pieces, actually. (Ten, if you include the video of my first performance for relatives when I was six or so...) I started out with four classical pieces. I had this genius idea that I could have a video of myself when I was much younger and much more terrible at the piano to break the ice right before my student speech, but mostly I wanted everyone to have quite clearly in their head that I was not a child prodigy before I started telling about my piano playing years, so they wouldn't think I was just being modest. I think I succeeded.


I have a bucket list of "Things That I Never Want to Do". Speaking was on it.  It is now on my  "Things I Never Want to do Again" bucket list.


After my speech I played a composition of mine. Its name is "Iris in the Rain". I cannot express enough gratitude to my good friend, Mrs. Lisa Cavnar, for coming up with this title. (I was just going to call it "Song Without a Name, Op. 3", but I thought my piano teacher would probably not be very enthusiastic about that.) 

Next I played a two piano duet of "To God be the Glory" with my friend Madison Hageman. I even remembered to put her name as "Madison Hageman" instead of "Madison Asa" in the program. I was quite impressed with myself. 

Then I played "Oh Love, That will not Let me Go" with Mom as my accompanist.

Then Chris talked. He talked longer than I did. I don't know why he made me sit in the front, it was rather awkward.


My diploma presentation. This is one of those moments when, as a left-hander, I am always afraid I will forget that I am supposed to shake hands with my right hand and take the diploma with my left.
Thankfully I remembered and survived the ordeal.


Then Dad talked, and I played "The Great Gate at Kiev", and it was over, and I was exhausted.




This is my piano teacher, Chris Rogers, and myself after the recital. We were trying to not look tired, and I was trying to look like I enjoyed getting my picture taken.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the completion of your Master's Concert. I'm so proud of the special talent that God gave you in your piano playing.
    (I didn't use any emoticons. Or exclamation marks.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been awarded the Liebster Award. Ha! (whether you want it or not... }:)
    Check out my blog for more details!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments so much that we like to know who they are from. Please leave your name with your comment!